This is a “Greek-like” salad, which incorporates the amazing health benefits of cruciferous vegetables in a fully raw format. It provides healthy carbohydrates, fats, and protein. It is rich in fiber, cholesterol free and naturally low in sodium. The crunchy, zesty and juicy flavors and textures of this salad make it a highly enjoyable choice on its own or as a side to another optimally healthy meal.
TYPE: Salad, Appetizer
PREP TIME: < 15 mins
SERVINGS: not set, make according to personal needs
- Refined Sugar-free
- Cauliflower (organic)
- Broccoli (organic)
- Tomatoes (organic)
- Red Onion (organic)
- Parsley (organic)
- Olives (organic)
- Olive Oil (organic, extra virgin)
- Lemon (organic)
- Optional: Hemp Seeds (organic)
- Cutting Board
- Lemon Reamer (optional)
- Wash the broccoli and cut up into small pieces. Transfer into familial salad bowl or individual salad bowl(s).
- Wash the cauliflower and cut up into small pieces. Transfer to salad bowl(s).
- Wash the tomatoes and cut up into small wedges or dice up. Transfer to salad bowl(s).
- Peel the onion and dice up desired amount. Add into the salad bowl(s).
- Wash the parsley, blot dry with paper towels or shake off excess water. Chop the parsley finely and transfer to salad bowl(s).
- Remove the pits (unless pit free) and slice (unless pre-sliced) some olives, and transfer to the salad bowl(s).
- Optionally to make into a whole meal, or add in more protein, sprinkle the salad(s) with a generous amount (few tablespoons) of hemp seeds.
- Drizzle the salad with some olive oil.
- Wash a lemon, roll to soften and squeeze the lemon juice on top of the salad.
- Toss together all the ingredients to mix well, serve and enjoy.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, fiber, vitamin B6, tryptophan, omega 3 fatty acids, manganese, vitamin B5, potassium, protein, phosphorus, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, magnesium and vitamin B3
- contain phytonutrients and antioxidants which help prevent cancers, promote liver and cell detoxification, protects against rheumatoid arthritis, enhances cardiovascular health and may enhance men’s health
- for more information, visit the cauliflower detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Can easily be eaten raw or steamed, depending on the flavor and texture you choose
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, folate, fiber, manganese, tryptophan, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, phosphorus, magnesium, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B5, iron, calcium, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, zinc and vitamin E
- contains phytonutrients and antioxidants to help protect against cancers especially (bladder, ovarian and prostate), increases cell’s detoxification ability and supports stomach health
- helps fix sun damaged skin, prevents cataracts, boosts the immune system, helps build stronger bones and helps prevent birth defects while pregnant
- for more information, visit the broccoli detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Excellent source of lycopene – an antioxidant found to decrease many cancers as well as heart disease
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, molybdenum, potassium, manganese, fiber, chromium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and folate
- aside from preventing a list of cancers, especially of the prostate, they also enhance prostate health, colon health and pancreatic health
- for more information, visit the tomatoes detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- contain numerous flavonoids
- good source of (in descending order): chromium, vitamin C, fiber, manganese, molybdenum, vitamin B6, tryptophan, folate, potassium, phosphorus and copper
- helps lower blood sugar, enhances cardiovascular health, lowers high cholesterol, reduces risk of colon cancer when regularly consumed and protects against many other cancers like ovarian cancer
- boosts bone health, has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- for more information, visit the onion detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Provides unique health benefits through its volatile oils, antioxidants and flavonoids
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and iron
- helps neutralize some carcinogens and has been known to inhibit tumor formation
- enhances proper cardiovascular health and provides protection against rheumatoid arthritis
- for more information, visit the parsley detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- great source of monounsaturated fats
- good source of (in descending order): iron, vitamin E, fiber and copper
- have anti-inflammatory compounds, have antioxidant properties for fighting cancers and offer protection from heart disease
- for more information, visit the olives detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Rich in monounsaturated fat and polyphenols
- Protects against chronic degenerative diseases, increases life span, protects against heart disease, enhances healthy blood pressure, enhances proper gastrointestinal health and reduces breast cancer risk
- helps control proper blood sugar, helps prevent belly fat and insulin sensitivity, helps prevent bone loss, has anti-inflammatory benefits, helps protect from free radical damage, helps maintain healthy weight and protects against H. pylori
- for more information, visit the olive oil detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Provide excellent source of vitamin C
- Contains valuable phytonutrients with antibiotic and antioxidant effects
- Offer protection against rheumatoid arthritis, help fight free radicals and thus reduce cancer risks and promote an overall healthy immune system
- for more information, visit the lemon detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Excellent source of complete and highly digestible protein
- Contain more required amino acids than milk, meat or eggs
- Provide an excellent amount and ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids
- A source of: iron, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium and phosphorus (Source: Healing Source Hemp)
- Promote weight loss, protective against heart disease, provide enhanced energy and stamina and enhance overall good health
- Excellent for diabetics, those needing to lose weight, athletes and people of all ages
- For more information, visit health benefits of hemp seeds