This is a simple, quick and easy to make snack or dessert for the whole family or your guests. It offers a blend of delicious, sweet and refreshing flavors, as well as juicy, chewy and crunchy textures. It is rich in micronutrients and fiber, naturally low in sodium and full of healthy carbohydrates, fats and some protein.
TYPE: Snack, Dessert
PREP TIME: < 15 mins
SERVINGS: not set, make according to personal needs
- Refined Sugar-free
- Pineapple (organic)
- Strawberries (organic)
- Bananas (organic)
- Shredded Coconut (organic, raw, natural)
- Walnuts (organic, raw)
- Goji Berries (organic)
- Cutting Board
- Dessert Bowls (optional)
- Prepare your pineapple by twisting off the leaf part, cutting in half lengthwise. Lay each half on your cutting board and cut in half. Depending on your portion needs, use 1/4, 1/2 or the whole pineapple if making an extra large batch. Watch this video for more help with pineapple preparation.
- Remove the core from the pineapple piece(s) you are using and cut up into small chunks. Place into familial or individual dessert bowl(s).
- Peel the banana(s) and cut up into slices. Add to the fruit bowl(s).
- Wash the strawberries, remove the leaf parts and cut up into quarters. Add to the fruit bowl(s).
- Sprinkle the top of the fruit salad with a desired amount of the shredded coconut, walnuts and goji berries. Enjoy.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- Good source of antioxidants
- good source of (in descending order): manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B1, copper, fiber and vitamin B6
- promotes healthy immune system, promotes healthy digestion, antioxidant protection to reduce risk of cancer, protects against macular degeneration and enhances proper energy production
- for more information, visit the pineapple detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Is a high energy food source
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, fiber and manganese
- offers cardiovascular protection, offers protection from ulcers, helps replenish electrolyte stores, enhances proper elimination, protects from age-related macular degeneration, helps build stronger bones and promotes kidney health,
- for more information, visit the bananas detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, manganese, fiber, iodine, potassium, folate, vitamin B2 and vitamin B5
- contain antioxidant properties to prevent cancer, enhance healthy immune function and protect against rheumatoid arthritis
- for more information, visit the strawberry detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
Dried, Unsweetened Coconut:
- good source of (in descending order): manganese, fiber, copper, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, zinc, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 and vitamin B2
- enhances overall health due to its many beneficial properties
- for more information, visit the coconut detailed overview from Nutrition Data
- a source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients
- contain healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties
- especially rich in copper, manganese, molybdenum, and B vitamins
- enhance and protect cardiovascular health, prevent and control high blood pressure, promote healthy cholesterol levels, decrease risk of blood clotting
- promote better cognitive function, help prevent gallstones, have anti-inflammatory benefits, helpful with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis
- support proper functioning of the immune system and appear to have several anticancer properties and lower risk of weight gain
- enhance proper sleep as they are a source of natural melatonin
- for more information, visit the walnut detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- excellent source of antioxidants and phytonutrients
- contain all essential amino acids and have the highest concentration of protein of any fruit
- rich in numerous vitamins, like vitamin C, and minerals like iron, calcium, zinc, and selenium, as well as omega fatty acids
- offer numerous health benefits that enhance the immune system, cardiovascular system, digestive system and overall health
- for more information, read about the goji berry from Sask Goji Power Nursery