This is an excellent, optimally healthy, raw, and highly nutrient dense salad that is filling enough to function as a full meal. It is quick, easy and super delicious with the variety of juicy vegetables it contains. It offers an abundant supply of micronutrients, is naturally low in fat and sodium and cholesterol free. It also contains lots of fiber, as well as cleansing and detoxifying properties.
TYPE: Salad, Appetizer, Meal
PREP TIME: < 15 mins
SERVINGS: not set, make according to personal needs
- 100% Plant-based (Vegan)
- Refined Sugar-free
- Baby Spinach or Baby Greens (organic)
- Red Cabbage (organic)
- Carrots (organic)
- Beets (organic)
- Alfalfa sprouts (organic)
- Sunflower Seeds (organic, raw)
- 2 Lemons; juice squeezed (organic)
- 1 garlic clove (organic)
- 1 tsp dried Basil (organic)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano (organic)
- 1 tsp dried Thyme (organic)
- dash of Sea Salt (unrefined)
- dash of Cayenne Pepper (organic)
- some water to thin out (if needed)
- Food Processor
- High Powered Blender (ex: Vitamix or NutriBullet)
- Salad Spinner (optional)
- Rinse the baby greens (unless pre-washed), remove excess water using salad spinner and cut up into small bite-size pieces. Place a layer of lettuce on meal plate(s).
- Wash your carrots and beets, and peel as needed.
- Remove the first layer of your cabbage, and cut as needed to fit into food processor.
- Using food processor grate the red cabbage and carrots.
- Drop handfuls of the cabbage-carrot mix in the corners of the plate, on top of the lettuce bed.
- Next, use the food processor to grate some beets.
- Line a layer of beets on the lettuce in the center.
- Finish off with a handful or more of the alfalfa sprouts.
- Sprinkle the salad with a generous amount of sunflower seeds.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth in consistency (10-20 seconds in the Vitamix).
- Drizzle the salad with your dressing and store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Enjoy.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, tryptophan, fiber, copper, vitamin B1, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin E, omega-3, vitamin B3 and selenium
- protects against osteoporosis, heart disease, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- enhances eye sight, immune system and mental function
- for more information, visit the spinach detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- member of the nutrient-dense cruciferous family
- Source of (in descending order): vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, manganese, vitamin B6, folate, omega 3, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin A, tryptophan, protein and magnesium
- cleanses cells, fights free radicals, protects against cancers, promotes gastrointestinal health, promotes women’s health, promotes cardiovascular health and naturally can treat peptic ulcers
- red cabbage specifically has been shown to protect against Alzheimer’s disease
- For more information, visit the cabbage detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Excellent source of carotenoids
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, molybdenum, vitamin B1, vitamin B3, phosphorus, magnesium and folate
- reduce risk for heart disease, improve vision (especially night vision), protect against cancers, help regulate blood sugar, enhance colon health and promote lung health
- for more information, visit the carrots detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Excellent source of betacyanin
- good source of (in descending order): folate, manganese, potassium, fiber, vitamin C, magnesium, tryptophan, iron, copper and phosphorus
- help protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, especially colon cancer
- lessen inflammation and promote optimal health
- for more information, visit the beets detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Contains the following nutrients (for 1 cup): Calcium 11mg, Iron 0.32g, Magnesium 9mg, Phosphorus 23mg, Potassium 26mg, Sodium 2mg, Zinc 0.30mg, Vitamin C 2.7mg, Thiamin 0.025mg, Riboflavin 0.042mg, Niacin 0.159mg, Pantothenic Acid 0.186mg, Vitamin B6 0.011mg, Folate 12mcg, Vitamin A 51IU, Vitamin E 0.01mg and Vitamin K 10.1mcg
- may help prevent heart disease, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis and even cancer
- is helpful for inhibiting inflammation of Arthritis, helps lower blood pressure, is an immune booster, may naturally fight leukemia stricken cells, cleanses blood, lowers LDL cholesterol, may help in treatment of short-sightedness and may help with treatments of ulcers of the intestine
- for more information, visit the alfalfa overview from JuicingForHealth.com
- Good source of (in descending order): vitamin E, vitamin B1, manganese, magnesium, manganese, copper, tryptophan, selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B5 and folate
- helps prevent cardiovascular disease, helps lower cholesterol, helps prevent cancers with its powerful free radical fighters
- enhances healthy nervous system and enhances proper detoxification
- for more information, visit the sunflower seed detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Adds a rich aroma to any meal good source of (in descending order): manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, tryptophan, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin B1, copper and protein
- has numerous cardiovascular benefits including: helping prevent atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease, reducing risk of heart attack or stroke, inhibits coronary artery calcification plus many more
- protects against many cancers, protects against asbestos and promotes healthy weight control
- has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral activity promotes optimal health
- for more information, visit the garlic detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B6, fiber and vitamin K
- offers pain-reducing effects, cardiovascular benefits, helps prevent stomach ulcers and effectively opens and drains congested nasal passages
- boosts immunity, enhances cardiovascular health, helps regulate weight, fights inflammation and enhances overall health
- for more information, visit the cayenne pepper detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin K, iron, calcium, vitamin A, fiber, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C and potassium
- contains excellent mix of flavonoids that offer protection at the cellular level
- anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and enhance cardiovascular health
- for more information, visit the basil detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Good source of (in descending order): vitamin K, manganese, iron, fiber, omega-3, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C
- Acts as an effective antibacterial, acts as a potent antioxidant and promotes overall good health
- For more information, visit the oregano detailed overview from the World’s Healthiest Foods
Unrefined Sea Salt:
- Naturally occurring complex of sodium chloride, which includes major minerals such as calcium and magnesium and a complete complement of essential trace minerals
- Alkalizing to maintain proper acid/alkaline body balance
- Has helped to promote optimal health in civilizations for centuries