The Zesty Orange toothpaste is the second of the five flavors that The Green Beaver Company offers. And aside from the amazing taste of the zesty orange, it too, like the Cilantro Mint lives up to its reputation of a great natural personal product.
The taste of this toothpaste is delicious and I am sure it will be a big favorite with many kids. The toothpaste really tastes and smells like real oranges. So unless you do not find the orange flavor appealing, it is a great choice. Other flavors offered from this company are: Cilantro Mint, Frosty Mint, Green Apple and Star Anise.
This toothpaste, like the previous Cilantro Mint that I tried, is the same when it comes to color, texture and foaming ability. The color of the toothpaste is off-white, not that typical bleached white toothpaste color. In terms of the texture, there is a little more of a grainier feel to it – naturally thanks to the silica. Finally, it is very mildly foaming, also a difference compared to the heavy foaming commercial toothpastes.
With proper brushing strokes, this toothpaste also is very effective at giving teeth and the entire mouth a clean feeling.
The ingredients of this toothpaste are excellent, where natural toothpaste is concerned. They are truly the best I have seen so far amongst the so called “natural” toothpastes out there.
This toothpaste contains NO fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial flavors or dyes, chemical preservatives, parabens, chemical whiteners or animal products. And thus alongside its delicious taste, it is safe to swallow in case of accidental swallowing and thus is perfect for kids! You might get them wanting to brush their teeth more than you would expect.
(All Plant Based Ingredients Are Italicized)
- Calcium Carbonate (natural mineral whitener)
- Aqua (water)
- Aroma (natural)
- Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
- Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange Oil) (natural breath freshener)
- Citrus medica limonum (Lemon Extract) (natural antibacterial agent)
- Xylitol (natural antibacterial agent)
- Silica (natural mineral whitener)
- Mentha piperita (Peppermint Oil) (natural breath freshener)
- Calcium Ascorbate (natural preservative)
- Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil) (natural antibacterial agent)
- Sclerotium Gum (natural thickener)
- Coco Glucoside (natural foaming agent)
- Xantham Gum (natural thickener/stabilizer)
The toothpaste comes in a typical 75ml tube that comes in a fully recyclable box.
Price (as of this posting)
- $5.99 CAD each at Goodness Me Health Food Stores in Canada
- $5.99 US/CAD each at Aviva
- $4.93 CAD each from Savings, Naturally
- $4.99 CAD each from Health To You
- Health Food Stores accross Canada (see complete list by province)
- Online stores for US and Canada (see list)
- Excellent natural and safe ingredients
- Vegan friendly
- Refreshing orange flavor
- Safe for kids (if swallowed)
- Contains natural antibacterial ingredients
- Leaves mouth feeling fresh and great for a long time
- Leaves teeth feeling clean
- Is not tested on animals
- A little pricey, but well worth it!