Our feet are usually the part of our body that take a lot of heavy use, and very little care. This is why I am happy to share with you a product that is a natural treat for the feet. It is the Mountain Sky Energizing Mint and Tea Tree Foot Butter.
Mountain Sky is a small, family owned company that specializes in natural products out of British Columbia, Canada. They take care to make sure that their products are environmentally friendly, just as they are healthy for each of us to use. To learn more about Mountain Sky, check out my feature write-up on Mountain Sky or visit their web site – Mountain Sky.
Mountain Sky has 3 varieties of natural body butters: Citrus Sunshine, Vanilla Cream and Wild Rose and one variety of the foot butter: Energizing Mint and Tea Tree, which I will feature in this review.
The description on the product states: “Massage Mint and Tea Tree Foot Butter over rough & sore feet. Our butter is enhanced with herbal extracts of calendula and arnica to keep your feet toned and supple. Excellent for very dry feet.”
The foot butter smells great and is made with great natural ingredients. It is very nourishing and moisturizing and does not contain any artificial colors, fragrances or preservatives.
The product is very versatile and easy to use, and does a great job moisturizing the feet. What I really like about it, is that it does not leave the feet tingling or feeling cold, like some other foot lotions do. I also prefer it over any foot lotion, due to its ease of use and versatility, with no messy drips or anything like that. It also absorbs well into the skin, so that walking barefoot is possible much sooner, than with typical foot lotions.
I really liked using this product, but realized that for me personally it is not a product I need on regular basis. I imagine it would be great and very beneficial for athletes or anyone who works a lot on their feet, or has dry, scaly skin on their feet. It is great to use though, even as part of a foot massage as the product works into skin very well. I also do look forward to using it in the summer, when I think I would likely get more use out of it, when my feet will be in open footwear.
In conclusion, it is a great natural product, that is easy to use. It works great to moisturize the feet, is great for massaging the feet and also can make a wonderful gift idea.
- Cera alba (Beeswax)
- Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam Seed Oil)
- Cocos nucifera (Coconut Oil)
- Theobroma cocoa (Cocoa Seed Butter)
- Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba Seed Oil)
- Mentha peperita (Peppermint Oil)
- Melaleucan alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil)
- Pinus sylvestris (Leaf Oil)
- Citrus aurantifolia (Lime Oil)
- Thymus vulgaris (Thyme Oil)
- Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter Fruit)
- Prunus amygdalus dulsis (Almond Oil)
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Leaf Extract)
- Calendula officinalis (Flower Extract)
- Arnica cordifolia (Arnica extract)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
The foot butter comes in a standard deodorant-like stick plastic case. The butter is rolled up just like a deodorant with use. The package is fully recyclable once product is all used up. The size is 50g.
Price (as of this posting)
- $8 – 10 CAD per stick at health food stores across Canada
- $8.99 CAD per stick directly from MountainSky.com (+ shipping)
- $8.49 CAD per stick from Well.ca (free shipping)
- Selected health food stores across Canada – search here for a location near you
- For US and Canadian customers, online stores like Well.ca
- For international customers: Mountain Sky website
- Excellent moisturizing/nourishing properties
- Excellent for massaging feet
- Excellent ingredients
- Not overly greasy
- Offers aromatherapy
- No artificial colors
- No artificial scents
- No artificial preservatives
- Naturally moisturizing
- Not tested on animals
- Suitable for all skin types
- Vegetarian Friendly
- Fair Price
- Not made with organic ingredients
- Not suitable for strict vegans