This fun and decadent treat makes a great snack or dessert that you can feel good about eating. It is based solely on wholesome ingredients, including a variety of powerful superfoods. The truffles are rich in protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are naturally low in sodium, have no refined sugars and all of their calories are nutrient dense. They are super easy and quick to make and require no cooking, meaning that you benefit from the highest level of nutritional integrity.
TYPE: Dessert, Snack
PREPARATION: < 15 mins
SERVING: Makes about 40 truffles
- 100% Plant-based (Vegan)
- Refined sugar-free
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 10 Medjool dates (pits removed)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder + extra for coating
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 - 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Food processor
- Measuring cup
- Dish for truffles
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor and mix until ingredients form a uniform mixture that clumps together, nearly as one piece. Mixture will be like play-dough.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the cacao powder onto a plate.
- Using your hands, remove some of the mixture and form into truffle-sized balls. 4. Roll each ball around in the cacao powder, coating it evenly.
- Chill for a few hours in the fridge before serving, or enjoy as is, at room temperature.
- These balls can be made ahead of time and kept frozen until ready for use. Store balls in the fridge or freezer at all times when not serving.
- Choose organic ingredients, whenever possible.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- are a protein powerhouse and rich in many nutrients
- good source of (in descending order): manganese, vitamin E, magnesium, tryptophan, copper, vitamin B2, and phosphorus
- lower bad cholesterol, reduce risk of heart disease, provide protection against diabetes, provide protection against cardiovascular disease, promote healthy weight, prevent gallstones and help with energy production
- for more information, visit the almonds detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Excellent source of complete and highly digestible protein
- Contain more required amino acids than milk, meat or eggs
- Provide an excellent amount and ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids
- A source of: iron, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium and phosphorus (Source: Healing Source Hemp)
- Promote weight loss, protective against heart disease, provide enhanced energy and stamina and enhance overall good health
- Excellent for diabetics, those needing to lose weight, athletes and people of all ages
- For more information, visit health benefits of hemp seeds
- Good source of (in descending order): fiber, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, vitamin B6, vitamin B5, vitamin B3, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, vitamin K, vitamin A and zinc
- Rich in energy-rich carbohydrates, fiber and potassium, are excellent for athletes and all those needing a quick energy punch
- Have been linked to promoting overall good health, promoting proper digestion and decreasing various cancer risks
- Due to their good potassium content, can help regulate proper blood pressure for more information, visit the medjool date overview from NutritionData.com
- Raw cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac), neurotransmitters that stimulate and balance brain activity, tryptophan (an anti-depressant), antioxidants and other beneficial compounds known to have rejuvenating and anti-aging elements.
- Cacao is high in magnesium, good for a balanced nervous system, heart beat, building strong bones, and lowering blood pressure.
- Cacao is a good source of the beauty mineral sulfur; responsible for healthy skin, nails and hair.
- Scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and has a wide array of protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to beneficial in lowering blood glucose levels and preventing the onset of type-2 diabetes.
- For more information, learn about the raw cacao benefits
- a healthy natural sweetener when in its purest, high quality form
- provides a good source of various micronutrients like manganese and zinc
- can provide supportive properties for various areas of our health
- offers antioxidants to protect from free radical damage and cancers
- for more information, visit maple syrup nutrition to learn about its specific properties
- An excellent source of phytonutrients and antioxidants
- Alkalizing benefits and antibiotic benefits
- An excellent source of vitamin C
- Protect against cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, support the immune system and promote and enhance optimal health in many areas
- For more information, visit the lemons/limes detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods