There are so many health and diet supplements out there today, that it is no surprise that many of us are very confused on what to choose, if anything at all. One of these supplements is the famous Greens Plus line. Back in the fall when I thought it might be a good idea to supplement a little extra for the winter I purchased one of their products and here is the review on that product.
Greens Plus is from the Genuine Health Company (Canadian based) but was formulated by Sam Graci of the original Greens Plus (American based). They have a wide variety of products that:
a) have been around for a while
b) are generally speaking reputable and research based and
c) have widely available products throughout the world
I have read many great things about their products, and decided to purchase the Greens Plus powder in the natural mixed berry flavor. I figured it might be a good enhancement to my diet over the winter months.
The product promises to increase energy and well-being through a superior and science backed list of nutrient-rich ingredients and research-proven health benefits. Just one daily serving gives you: essential antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, as well as improved energy, mental clarity, liver cleansing, immune support and more.
You use the indicated amount of the product and mix it with juice or water. I tried both and despite all this nice information, I could not make it past one glass. Unfortunately my taste buds (or my husband’s) did not agree with this product. To us it tasted horrible. On the other hand a couple other people we knew tried it and loved it – so go figure. I gave it another try and another and to no avail – this flavor was just not for us.
Based on my research, the product is legit in terms of positive benefits for ones health, but nothing that in my opinion a proper diet cannot solve. However, if you cannot eat a balanced fruit and vegetable based diet for whatever reason or need to give your system a boost, you might want to give Greens Plus a try. However, with their price tag, I would not experiment with any flavors, until you get used to the original. As for me, I gave the bottle away to someone who enjoyed it and decided to stick with natural and organic fruits and vegetables!
- For detailed ingredients of this product and documentation of what each one does please visit the Greens Plus Formula
Nutritional Information (per 8.5g of product)
- 41.62 Calories
- 2.10 g Fat (0.39g Saturated Fat)
- 1.89g Protein
- 3.92g Carbohydrate (0.51g Sugar)
- 1.11g Fiber
- 32.24 mg Sodium
The powders come in white jars with screw-on lids. These are easily recyclable once product is finished. Canadian jars come in roughly 283g – 546g sizes. American jars come in 4.7oz and 9.4oz sizes.
Price (as of this posting)
- $25.89 US for a 9.4oz container on Amazon.com
- $15.99 US for a 4.7oz container on Organic Pharmacy (worldwide shipping)
- $32.99 CAD for a283g container on BodyEnergyClub
- Around $35.00CAD for a 283 gram jar at Canadian supermarkets
- In Canada and the United States in local supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies and health food stores
- You can find a Canadian store locator by province here
- You can find a Canadian online store here
- No artificial colors
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial preservatives
- No artificial sweeteners (naturally sweetened with stevia)
- No corn, dairy, egg, gluten or yeast
- No animal products
- Backed up by scientific studies
- Full of beneficial ingredients
- Good packaging
- The taste (you either love it or hate it)
- A little pricey
- Hard to dissolve properly in water or juice