This raw salad offers a delightful array of sweet and zesty flavors as it combines fruits and greens. It is based on nutrient dense calories that are micronutrient and antioxidant rich. It offers healthy fats, carbohydrates and proteins. It is naturally low in sodium, cholesterol free and high in fiber.
TYPE: Meal, Appetizer
PREP TIME: < 15 mins
SERVINGS: not set, make according to personal needs
- 100% Plant-Based (Vegan)
- Refined Sugar-free
- Green Leaf Lettuce (organic)
- Sweet Red Peppers (organic)
- Pomegranate (organic)
- Walnuts (organic)
- 2 TBSP Raw Tahini (organic)
- 2 Limes Squeezed for Juice (organic)
- 1/4 cup Water (filtered, natural spring)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Chili Powder (organic)
- 1/4 tsp Unrefined Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- Rinse lettuce leafs and remove excess water using salad spinner.
- Cut up lettuce leafs with a knife, vertically and horizontally into bite size pieces and throw into familial or individual bowl(s).
- Wash the pepper(s), dice and throw into the salad bowl(s).
- Wash the pomegranate and empty out the seeds into the salad bowl. (If you have never done this before, you can use the following instructional video which shows you how.)
- Toss the 3 ingredients together. You can always add in another favorite fruit or vegetable as desired.
- Sprinkle the salad with a generous amounts of walnut pieces.
- Make your dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in your Vitamix/Blender. Use just a dash of the salt and chili powder. Add enough water, just to thin out consistency if needed. Blend on high speed until uniform consistency appears.
- Drizzle salad dressing on salad, serve and enjoy.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- good source of: water, fiber, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium
- contain antioxidant properties to prevent cancer, enhance healthy immune function and promote a healthy digestive system
- for more information, visit the green leaf lettuce detailed overview from About.com
Sweet Bell Peppers:
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B6, fiber, molybdenum, vitamin K, manganese, folate, potassium, vitamin B1, vitamin E, tryptophan and copper
- helps reduce risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease, protects against rheumatoid arthritis, promotes healthy eyesight and lungs, and enhances overall good health
- for more information, visit the bell peppers detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- excellent source of antioxidant polyphenols
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, folate, copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B5, phosphorus, vitamin B2, magnesium,vitamin E, zinc, iron, vitamin B3, calcium and selenium
- helps reduce risk of various cancers, inflammation and cardiovascular disease
- protects against bad cholesterol and helps maintenance of healthy blood pressure
- supports a healthy immune system and enhances overall good health
- for more information, visit the pomegranate nutritional information from NutritionData.com
- Rich and buttery in taste and texture
- Source of great antioxidants
- Just ¼ of a cup supplies over 90% of the omega-3 amount needed daily
- Source of (in descending order): omega-3, manganese, copper and tryptophan
- Enhance and protect cardiovascular health, prevent and control high blood pressure, promote healthy cholesterol levels, decrease risk of blood clotting
- Promote better cognitive function, help prevent gallstones, have anti-inflammatory benefits, helpful with asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis
- Support proper functioning of the immune system and appear to have several anticancer properties and lower risk of weight gain
- Enhance proper sleep as they are a source of natural melatonin
- For more information, visit the walnut detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Add a great tang of taste to any meal
- An excellent source of vitamin C
- Provide phytonutrients with antioxidant and antibiotic effects
- Protect against cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, support the immune system and promote and enhance optimal health in many areas
- For more information, visit the lemons/limes detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Adds a zesty taste to any meal
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin A, fiber, vitamin C, potassium and iron
- offers pain-reducing and inflammation-reducing effects, cardiovascular benefits, helps prevent stomach ulcers and effectively opens and drains congested nasal passages
- boosts immunity, helps regulate weight, helps stop spread of prostate cancer, lowers risk of type 2 diabetes and enhances overall health
- for more information, visit the chili pepper detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- great source of essential fatty acids
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin B1, copper, manganese, phosphorus, iron, calcium, zinc, fiber,vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folate, magnesium, and potassium
- promotes good bone health, heart health, respiratory health and healthy cholesterol
- enhances overall good health
- for more information, visit the tahini nutritional information overview from Nutrition Data or sesame seed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods