This is a super easy and quick, simple non-dairy milkshake that offers a few servings of fruit in a base of creamy coconut milk. It provides healthy carbohydrates, fat and protein, as well as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. It is high in fiber, naturally low in sodium and cholesterol free. It is a fantastic treat for the whole family to enjoy as a snack or dessert anytime.
TYPE: Snack, Dessert
PREP TIME: < 15 mins
SERVINGS: 2 large, or 4 small servings
- Refined Sugar-free
- 2 cups strawberries (organic)
- 2 bananas (organic)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (organic, natural)
- 2 TBSP chia seeds (organic)
- 2 cups carton (not canned) coconut milk (organic, original)
- Optional: 2 - 4 ice cubes
- Wash the strawberries, remove the leaves (if desired), and add into blender.
- Peel the bananas and put into blender.
- Add the vanilla, chia seeds and coconut milk to blender.
- Add in a few ice cubes if you would like to make a chilled version.
- Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy (about 15-30 seconds in the Vitamix).
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- Good antioxidant source
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin C, manganese, fiber, iodine, potassium, folate, vitamin B2 and vitamin B5
- contain antioxidant properties to prevent cancer, enhance healthy immune function and protect against rheumatoid arthritis
- for more information, visit the strawberry detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- Is a high energy food source
- good source of (in descending order): vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, fiber and manganese
- offers cardiovascular protection, offers protection from ulcers, helps replenish electrolyte stores, enhances proper elimination, protects from age-related macular degeneration, helps build stronger bones and promotes kidney health,
- for more information, visit the bananas detailed overview from World’s Healthiest Foods
- avoids problems associated with dairy by providing plant proteins and fats
- depending on source (i.e. soy, hemp, coconut, almond or brown rice), will offer a variety of different nutrients and health benefits
- always aim for ORGANIC and ORIGINAL, unsweetened varieties
- always choose the least processed one (i.e. no natural flavors, carrageenan, lecithin, etc.)
- a source of antioxidants and phytonutrients, with anti-inflammatory properties
- a source of vitamins and minerals, especially B vitamins, iron, potassium, zinc, and calcium
- help to optimize blood sugar, cholesterol, and weight
- help to provide a feeling of satiety and positively support all areas of our health
- learn more about the health benefits of chia seeds