Green Beaver is a small, family owned Canadian Company. I found them about 2 years ago, while looking for a natural toothpaste. That is, a toothpaste with no SLS, fluoride or any chemical additives. You can learn more about the company and more of my thoughts about why I use their products.
In my quest for natural toothpaste, indeed I found one which surpassed my expectations. Is it perfect? Perhaps not, depending on who is judging it and from what angle, but for me it offers everything I can be looking for in a toothpaste at this time.
Green Beaver offers 5 varieties of their natural toothpaste. In the past I did a review on two of them, the Zesty Orange and Cilantro Mint. The other 3 flavors include: Frosty Mint, Green Apple and Star Anise. I am not a fan of anise, so I will not be doing a review of that one, but today would like to share with you my thoughts on the Frosty Mint.
What is perhaps the most awesome about this toothpaste is that it should not at all make you miss your typical, commercial toothpaste. In terms of texture, color and consistency, it compares so well with chemical commercial toothpastes, even though it is all natural.
In terms of foaming ability, it is very good, but not overwhelming like commercial toothpastes. For someone using it for the first time, you may notice a huge difference in how much less it foams, but with time you get used to this as normal, where you are not suffocating on chemical foaming agents.
In terms of cleaning ability, with proper brushing strokes, this toothpaste is very effective at giving teeth and the entire mouth a clean feeling. As well, it contains beneficial ingredients for good oral health and the mint flavor is excellent – not too weak, not too strong.
This toothpaste contains NO fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial flavors or dyes, chemical preservatives, parabens, chemical whiteners or animal products. It is safe for the whole family, including safe for kids if swallowed.
The ingredients of this toothpaste are excellent. By far the best I have found, where natural toothpaste is concerned. It is my top pick at this time for a healthy and effective toothpaste and I greatly recommend it.
(All Plant Based Ingredients Are Italicized)
- Calcium Carbonate(natural mineral whitener)
- Aqua (water)
- Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
- Silica (natural mineral whitener)
- Xylitol(natural antibacterial agent)
- Mentha piperita (Peppermint Oil) (natural breath freshener)
- Citrus medica limonum (Lemon extract) (natural antibacterial agent)
- Calcium Ascorbate(natural preservative)
- Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Leaf Oil) (natural antibacterial agent)
- Sclerotium Gum(natural thickener)
- Coco Glucoside(natural foaming agent)
- Xantham Gum(natural thickener/stabilizer)
The toothpaste comes in a typical 75ml tube that comes in a fully recyclable box.
Price (as of this posting)
- Around $4-$6 per 75ml tube at various Health Food Stores
- $4.50 CAD per 75ml tube at HealthToYou.ca
(free shipping to Canada & US, minimum order required)
- $4.99 CAD per 75ml tube at GreenBeaver.com (free shipping in Canada with orders over $60)
- $4.99CAD/$5.25US per 75ml tube from FeelGoodNaturals.com
(free shipping in Canada over $60 and US over $100)
- $5.55 CAD per 75ml tube at Well.ca
(free shipping in Canada, no minimum order required)
- Health Food Stores across Canada (See complete list by province)
- Online stores for US and Canada (See complete online list)
- Excellent natural and safe ingredients
- Excellent taste
- Excellent gentle foaming ability
- Great cleaning ability
- Contains natural antibacterial ingredients
- No Fluoride
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial dyes
- No SLS
- No chemical preservatives
- No parabens
- No chemical whiteners
- Leaves mouth feeling fresh and great for a long time
- Leaves teeth feeling clean
- Safe for kids (if swallowed)
- Vegan friendly – no animal products
- Not tested on animals
- Made in Canada
- Price may be a limiting factor